Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tasting - Reggiano Lambrusco


Name:
Reggiano Lambrusco Rosso Dolce Le Grotte Italy Consorzio Vini Reggiani
Variety: Red Wine, Lambrusco
Region: Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Country: Italy
Year: No Year
Price: $5.99

Wine Critic's Review: "It had a blackberry, blueberry and faint spice aromas on the nose. The palate followed exactly and was very smooth. It was only mildly sweet and a bit bitter on the finish." -Cellartracker.com

My Review: I thoroughly enjoyed this wine. It was a medium ruby color. On the nose there was a sweet, yet spicy punch to the smell. I could smell some ripe cherries and plums, along with some blueberries. When taking the initial sip, you could definitely feel the fizz flow through your mouth. It wasn't too sweet of a Lambrusco, but a good balance between sweet and fruity.

I tasted this wine with a sausage, peppers and onion sandwich for dinner. A couple sips of the wine was all I needed during dinner. I noticed I enjoyed the wine more after dinner, more for what seemed like a dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment