Friday, March 16, 2012

Tasting - Beringer White Zinfandel


Name: Beringer White Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $10.00

Wine Critic's Review: "King of the zinfandels, all hail. A full-sensory experience, this zinfandel has a fragrance, color and taste in its pocket. Not only does the wet wine wash well with just about any meal you can prepare, t also doubles as a stand-alone treat with a unique strawberry aftertaste. Completely skipping over the bitterness of other zinfandels, it tingles the sweet buds of the tongue. IF there are better our there, I'd welcome to try them, but haven't found any that measure up so far." -snooth.com

My Review: Right after the bottle was opened there was an overwhelming smell of strawberries. Once it was poured in the glass I smelled plenty of strawberries, but also a fruity blend. In the background I could smell a slight hint of grapes. The color of the wine was a pinkish color. The wine tasted like pear, strawberry and a mix of grape. There was a little bit of heat in the wine and gave a little tingle in your mouth. The wine was just alright to me, the taste and smell of strawberries was too strong for me.

I did not eat food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment