Friday, March 16, 2012

Tasting - Chateau Morrisette Sweet Mountain Laurel


Name: Chateau Morrisette Sweet Mountain Laurel
Variety: Sweet, white table wine
Region: Floyd County, Virginia
Country: USA
Year: Not available
Price: $9.99

Wine Critic's Review: "A distinctive styled wine with a pleasant bouquet of freshly picked grapes. A wonderful balance of natural sugar and soft acidity produces a refreshing wine to be enjoyed as a dessert or whenever the mood strikes you." -winetravelr.com

My Review: The initial smell I sensed a powerful smell on concord grapes. It smelled just like grape juice. The first sip was smooth and light. It was a sweet taste with a large grape taste with a hint of honeysuckle. It had a good aftertaste that was suttle, but had a tingle when I swallowed the wine. I left the wine bottle open for a couple hours, refilled my glass and noticed that there was even a stronger scent of grapes coming from the wine.

I did not drink this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment