Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tasting - Anyela's Pinot Gris

2010 Pinot Gris
Name:
2010 Anyela's Pinot Gris
Variety: Pinot Gris
Region: Upstate New York - Finger Lakes
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $16.95

Wine Critic's Review: "Pinot Gris is very versatile and pairs well with many foods. The Anyela's Pinot Gris is one of the best I've had at my young white wine drinking age. It is a bit pricey for a Pinot Gris, but will be a must have this summer when grilling or char-broiling a nice salmon steak or trout.

My Review: I noticed for this type of wine to be a lighter style of Pinot Gris that has many fruit flavors. I could taste hints of green apple and pear with a long finish after taking the first sip. The lingering finish was helped me to get other complex tastes such as a stronger taste of the fruit than when initially tasting the wine.

I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment