Monday, March 19, 2012

Tasting - Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling


Name: Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Columbia Valley, Washington
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $6.99

Wine Critic's Review: "Pleasing and full. Dances on the tongue with good acid. Fruit is forward enough and no heat whatsoever. The peaches and citrus fade away to bring on some canteloupe, honeydew and a small hint of grass. Long, lip-smacking finish. Bit too sweet." -winewelfar.com

My Review: When smelling the wine you get an overpowering whiff of the generic smell of wine and alcohol. Surprisingly, when you taste the wine, there isn't too much heat. I immediately noteced a bit of pear, peach and strawberry all rolled into one. Overall, it didn't seem as if there was much dimension. Before you swallow the wine I noticed a bite in the back of your throat. I would rate this wine just mediocre.

I did not eat food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment