Monday, March 19, 2012

Tasting - Chateau de Valmer Vouvray

Name: Val de Loire Chateau de Valmer Vouvray
Variety: Vouvray White Grape Wine
Region: Loire
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $12.99

Wine Critic's Review: "I've had some lovely Loire Valley wines and some pretty darn bad ones. This one is smack dab in the middle. The wine is quite yellow in color. On the nose are lots of sweet honey suckle smells. On the mid pallet are some quite sweet flavors. On the finish are some tart tastes to take away from of the sweetness. This is not a bad balance, but a little sweet for my tastes. I prefer a little dryer. The wine very much reminded me of a Spatlese German Riesling." -canadianwineguy.com

My Review: When I was looking for a wine to purchase at Kroger the man who works in the wine section offered some help. I told him I was looking for something that had a hint of sweetness and also citrusy. This wine that he picked out for me was perfect. It was very light, had flavors of granny smith apples, a slight taste of lemon, honeysuckle and pears. I thoroughly enjoyed this wine and was the perfect kind of wine to sip on.

I did not eat food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment