Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasting - Crane Lake Gewurztraminer

Crane Lake Gewurztraminer (2011)

Name: Crane Lake California 2011 Gewurztraminer
Variety: Gewurztraminer, white wine
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $4.59

Wine Critic's Review: "Even after a big dinner, there's room for this amazingly rich dessert wine. With residual sugar of 15.3%, it's extremely sweet, but vibrant acidity fives it nerve and zest. Shocks the palate with massive flavors of apricot essense, peaches, creme brulee, honey and vanilla bean. Tantalizing and exotic." -S. H. buyingguide.com

My Review: I noticed a great balance between sweet, but during the midpalate there was a dryer taste to help make this particular wine less sweet. When I first swirled and smelled the wine I noticed a honeysuckle smell with a hint of peach. When I tasted the wine I got a peachy, grapefruit taste, possibly accounting for the sweet yet dryer and taste with a bite to it.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment